European partnership for railway energy settlement systems
Eress is an open partnership for all interested infrastructure managers in Europe. Eress is a
non-profit organization jointly owned by its partners.
Its goal is to work together and make railway energy standardized in Europe. This, by allowing
Train Operators to become more competitive.
Eress partners use a jointly owned IT system called Erex to exchange and settle energy
nationally and internationally.
Currently, Eress partners are:
- Banedanmark (Rail Net Denmark),
- Infrabel (Belgian Railway Infrastructure Manager),
- Bane NOR (Norwegian National Rail Administration),
- Trafikverket (Swedish Transport Administration),
- Väylä (Finnish Transport Agency),
- SBB (Schweitzerische Bundesbahnen) and
- Vivens (Dutch railway energy procurement cooperative)